1. I’m 40 and I don’t feel like it. Scary. Not sure which one.
2. I’m 100% Hungarian.
3. I was born in a small town, lived in a village for 14 years, then we moved to my birth town, then I moved to Budapest.
4. I lived in Budapest, Hungary for 9 years. I loved living there. I live in Brussels, Belgium now and I hate living here. So much about that.
5. I don’t have a husband or children. Never have. Most probably never will.
6. I used to smoke. It was very difficult to quit, I had to try three times.
7. I am an addict personality. That’s just how I am. I get addicted to stuff.
8. I can go obsessed by things I love. Even when I was a child I annoyed and made my parents scared sometimes.
9. I suck at math. I can’t count for the life of me and I can’t remember numbers.
10. I don’t remember a number even a minute later. Like, I don’t remember how much something cost that I just bought. I’m useless.
11. I can’t drive. I have a licence but I never drive and I don’t have a car either. Never have.
12. Cheetas are the coolest felines.
13. I think potato is superfood.
14. My favourite food is “layered potatoes”: Cook potatoes in their jackets, peel and slice them, hard-boil eggs then slice them, slice good Hungarian sausage. Layer them in a heatproof bowl, starting and ending with potatoes. Salt generously every layer of potatoes and spread good Hungarian sour cream on each triple-layer generously. You can top it with sour cream and grated cheese (this is totally unnecessary). Bake for about 45 m. Eat the whole fucking thing.
15. I like Coke. The real one. And Dr Pepper. I can’t drink any diet soda only Coke Zero, but I don’t like Coke Zero. The rest of the diet stuff gives me a stomach ache (the sweetener crap). Also, coke tastes better in glass bottles.
16. I like vanilla ice cream better than chocolate. In general I prefer vanilla to chocolate. And I live in the land of chocolate.
17. I still read fairytales sometimes when I visit my parents. They have my books, that’s why. Otherwise I’d probably read them here too.
18. My current (and running) favourite tv shows are: Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Suits, The Good Wife, Game of Thrones, White Collar, True Blood, Nurse Jackie. I watch a lot of shows, because I’m an addict. I also love movies. A lot.
19. I have an urge to collect things sometimes. I like having the “whole collection”. Then I get annoyed with myself and want to get rid of everything.
20. My signature perfume is Insolance by Guerlain.
21. When I like something, I tend to not use it to save it. It’s a stupid habit that I should try to break.
22. I started learning English when I was 14.
23. I could speak Russian in high school. I can’t really speak it now, which is a shame, but I can still read Cyrillic scripts.
24. I can speak some Norwegian. Still. Because I love it and I want to learn it again some day.
25. My favourite country is Norway. I wish I was Norwegian. I could blend in.
26. I am interested in Taoism. It’s the truth.
27. I was born and raised a Roman Catholic. I know a lot of Christian stuff, but I am not and I refuse to be religious.
28. I love iPhones. I own a 3Gs. In need of an upgrade.
29. I’ve only had one boyfriend in my life. For about 9 years. I’m happy he is not my boyfriend anymore and let’s leave it at that.
30. I’m not a people person and I am a people person. I hate people and I make people feel better. One of the dualities in my life that I cannot solve.
31. Also, I like kids, but I don’t want to be around babies. I don’t want to hold them or try to act like I care.
32. I majored in English language and literature and Hungarian language and literature. I went to Teacher Training College. I used to teach English language and my students loved me. I was a good teacher.
33. I don’t like games.
34. I am not competitive at all. I have zero confidence and I get awfully scared.
35. Despite the above, I won a Beatles competition in an English language camp. I almost died I had so bad competition anxiety.
36. My first album (not cd, the vinyl kind) was actually two. Phil Collins: Face Value and Queen: A Kind of Magic. That was in the 80s.
37. I have all Beatles vinyls, even pirate ones and all Queen vinyls. Up till they started to make cds instead of vinyls. I should sell my collection. See point 19.
38. I have a teddy bear named Valér. I got him from my dad when I was three (I think). Valér used to travel with me everywhere and sleep in my bed. Now he is right next to my bed. I love him.
39. I prefer silver to gold and I like white gold more than silver. I would prefer platinum the most if I could afford it.
40. I’m a make-up/nail polish shopping addict. I’m always an addict of something.
41. I hate clothes shopping.
42. I don’t like Louis Vuitton anything.
43. People I find inspirational: Ayrton Senna, Morten Harket, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Giorgio Armani, Meryl Streep and Christian Bale.
44. I, too, have a crush on Ryan Gosling. I just wish he played more challenging characters.
45. I don’t watch horror movies. My first experience with horror movies was when I was about 16. I watched only the first couple of minutes of the film, but I still today cannot get those scenes out of my head. I hate it.
46. I had two dogs in my life. I loved them both so much. I lost the second in February 2013. I still fucking miss him.
47. My favourite breed of dogs is the Giant Schnauzer. Black ones.
48. I love jokes and stand-up comedy because I love to laugh.
49. I am an only child.
50. I am a loner. I like being alone and I like living alone too. Solitude is the shit.
51. I love flowers. My favourite is yellow tea rose. But I love most of them except for red carnations that remind me of socialist times when we had to put wreaths on Soviet soldiers’ monuments and shit. The wreaths always consisted of red carnations.
52. I hate Christian Slater.
53. I love nesting and interior design. I wish I had a condo/house of my dreams, preferably overlooking to the sea, plus enough money to furnish and decorate it how I want it.
54. I love bread. Another superfood.
55. I love American breakfast food, as in pancakes and bacon.
56. I love strawberries, but I don’t like strawberry flavoured things.
57. I have altophobia (fear of heights), ophidiophobia (fear of snakes), taphophobia (fear of buried alive) and sabresmittenophobia (fear of being stabbed).
58. I used to dislike Kate Moss and now I totally appreciate her.
59. My favourite colours are purple and blue. When I was a child, it used to be yellow. I never liked red or pink.
60. I love sharks, they are fascinating.
60. I love mythology, especially Norse. I used to read Greek, Roman, Hindu, Islamic, Egyptian, Mesopotamian and whatever I found.
61. Places I’d love to visit (and I’ve never been to): Tahiti, New Zealand, Scotland.
62. I used to want to be an actress. I participated in school plays, summer camps, theatre workshops/performances. Also, I won “proper/nice speech” and recital competitions. I went to audition to the Academy of Theatrical Arts but I obviously failed. The closest I got to acting as a profession was being a dubbing actress (I took a course too).
63. I am incredibly good at lying. I just don’t do it anymore.
64. I could literally and voluntarily make myself ill when I was a child. I don’t do that anymore either. I think.
65. I would like to have naturally light, ashblond hair. Now I have to dye it which is annoying.
66. I’ve never had any bones broken.
67. I am by default a lazy person. I just can’t afford being lazy, neither do I like it. But that doesn’t mean I’m not fucking lazy.
68. I don’t speak very well in French, I sort of refuse to make an effort to be better. I have great pronunciation though.
69. I was named after Saint Bernadette of Lourdes. Later in life, both my grandmother and mother went to Lourdes for pilgrimage. I’m not planning to do the same.
70. I have sun allergy.
71. I love organising and I hate clutter.
72. I love sleeping.
73. Earrings are my favourite jewellery. Studs, hoops, dangly ones too.
74. I don’t do sports. I’ve always sucked at them.
75. I have neat handwriting.
76. I practiced my signature at one point in my life and I still write it that way. The Hungarian way is surname+forename, therefore my signature is surname+forename too. I won’t change it.
77. I love watches and clocks. I have clocks, sometimes several, in every room. I only own two watches. (Fail.)
78. When I was a child, I used to go to bed, switch off the lights, but I stayed up and played in the dark.
79. I can sing. I used to be a member of a choir and we had performances and tours. I used to really like singing. I regret I never pursuited it a little more. Not professionally, though, I’m not that good/talented.
80. I learned to play the piano for 9 years. I wasn’t particularly good, unfortunately. It actually made me frustrated that I always hit a wrong key and I could never understand why. The only time I played a piece completely correctly was at a school performance. I don’t remember the title, but it was a piece by Beethoven. All the music teachers congratulated. That was the best experience.
81. I still like classical music, but I’m more of a rocker girl. Weirdly enough, I can go for a long-ass time without listening to music, but it doesn’t mean I don’t love it. I often just listen to music in my head too.
82. The first concert I’ve ever been to was Cliff Richard. My mom’s favourite, not mine. It was quite good actually. And the first one I actually went because I loved them was Bros.
83. I have no idea how many of my teeth have no filling in them. Probably 7, but it could be 9. I wish I had perfect teeth. It’s one of the things I would really love to have but is impossible.
84. I tend to have crushes on celebrities. I will always love Morten Harket.
85. I like Star Wars (the original). I wanted to be Han Solo.
86. I don’t like stupid people, politics, bad teachers and hot weather.
87. I grew up in a socialist country and it didn’t feel that bad because I had no notion of anything else. The first “western/capitalist” country I visited was Austria. I died of the wealth, the beauty and the shop windows. Most of the time I could only look at the shop windows, because we didn’t go inside. I think we were just intimidated.
88. We could not afford buying all that expensive stuff in Austria, but my parents were superawesome and bought me a Barbie doll. Which was like, incredibly beautiful and nothing I’d ever seen before. She is still sitting in my old bedroom at my parents house and only one of her slippers is missing. Because they are stupid slippers and someone moved her and it got lost. It wasn’t me, honest.
89. I inherited a collection of china figurines from my grandmother’s sister. I used to enjoy playing with them and even washing them clean.
90. My favourite electronic device is the fridge. I love them.
91. My favourite alcoholic drinks are Jameson, Martini Bianco and Bailey’s. I never drink beer. It’s disgusting.
92. I like the smell of gasoline.
93. I have an incredibly strong gag reflex. It’s horrible.
94. I love swearing and swear words. I do it in Hungarian, English and French too.
95. I would like to live in a country where English is the official language.
96. I can’t draw and I terribly appreciate those who can.
97. My most visited websites are: Gmail (also my home page), YouTube, Twitter, Imdb, Beautybay and my bank’s site. My most used iPhone app is Instagram. Judge me.
98. I can’t giftwrap at all. Not even square-like objects such as books. I’m useless.
99. My most hated household chore is cleaning windows. I avoid it as much and as long as I can.
100. I can’t live without internet and my pc. I’m not even kidding.